This week Miss Molly, the Madison County Naturalist, came to our classroom. She showed us many neat things that come from trees and can be found in trees! Here are just a few pictures from her visit.
We LOVED the dress up days for Red Ribbon Week and the afternoon class made some weights out of magneatos. We just couldn't help ourselves but take a few pictures for Workout Wednesday!
I also wanted to share that I became an aunt this week! My sister had a baby boy on Tuesday. She named him Hugo after our Great-Grandpa. I enjoyed making a couple trips to see him after school this week. I'm such a proud aunt! :)
Of course I had to share a few pictures with the kiddos and it fit in well with what we were learning about too! This week we also talked about the different ways that trees grow and change. We noticed that they grow and change just like people do! I asked the kiddos to use yarn to show me how tall they thought they were as a baby. It was very interesting to see how little they thought they were. Some had pieces that would fit in one hand while others were almost as tall as they were now! The following day, I was able to share Hugo's measurements and these pictures. We noticed how he didn't just fit in one of my hands! We noticed that now, they are a lot bigger than what Hugo is as a baby. If you have time at home, show your child how tall they were as a baby and see how much they have grown!





















